Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rewinding the World of WoW - September 1, 2008

Soon, I'll be coming back to my online home, the World of Warcraft. Come to think of it, when I was playing WoW and before taking a hiatus, I've had a lot of crazy moments that got me going during that time. Some got me pulling my hair in frustration, others had me laughing my ass off. So without any further ado, here is the first installment of my tales on WoW.

- My character's name is Khizandrou, (ATM) a level 70 Undead Affliction Warlock. People say it's easy to level up a Warlock while others said it can be quite a pain when you're doing it solo at times. But this is one of the rare moments when I pretty proved the latter wrong.

See, whenever I see an Alliance representative, I just let him or her be. But one time, when I was by the Barrens, I saw two members of the Alliance stopping while they were traveling and just stared at me. I wondered, "What the hell are the looking at?", and all of a sudden, those two sudden rushed at me and tried to take my head off!

Little did they know, I had a Voidwalker and the majesty of fear in my corner.

The two were going at me like Spongebob and Patrick tried to catch a jellyfish. But alas, just when they thought they had me for some cheap honor points, I pulled off...

A sacrifice.

I sacrificed my VW in order to give my character some added defense absorption, so I'm sure not to end up dying. So I cursed the hell out of the two, and one by one, they fell down. Yes, they all got PWND.

Of course, I only had little life left. Like, 10HP. But who cares, I sent two Alliance numbnuts to their graves! Haha! FOR THE HO-HO-HORDE!



Keep playing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I wanna WoW too. Unfortunately, to save on money, when I upgraded my PC, I decided to save money and skip the DVD-DL RW that was originally part of my budget. So now I'm stuck with downloading the whole 5GB installer. But then again, its a good thing since I can't afford the $15 a month thing.

Is WoW really good? I have a friend who plays it like 16hours a day, every week. His wife told me that she was going to leave him soon if he continues to waste his time on WoW.

Lance Tan Ong said...

I can lend you both CD installers if you want. XD

Let me put it this way: The game is so addicting, you'd want to stay at home instead of partying out. Trust me, it happens. =P

There are different ways to pay for WoW, via a prepaid card or through a credit card. I just use the latter since it's cheaper than using the card. XD

Which reminds me, stay tuned for a WoW-related video of the day. XD

Anonymous said...

Wow, if that's the case, then no thanks! Hahaha!

But seriously, what makes it that addicting? Is like story-ish like GW? Grindish like RO? Quest oriented like RF?

Lance Tan Ong said...

There are simply so many aspects as to why it's SO addicting. Take this for what it's worth, but WoW has generally perfected the MMORPG genre. It has an awesome interface, an established story, and much much more. The only way to find out is to try it yourself. In which case, if you know someone who can give you free trial passes, then why not give it a try? =)