Friday, November 28, 2008

When It Comes To Bad Habits...

(Shameless Plug: Please do check out the review for Red Alert 3 from GAME! Magazine's website found in the right side of your screen. Thanks! :D)

I was talking with a friend of mine, Karl, some time ago regarding games that I never bothered to go through and finish. Though I have been able to finish a lot of games over the years, when he found out that I not only played Star Ocean 2 back in the day, but I also never finished 3.

He was pretty shocked, to say the least.

And I can't blame him! Haha!

One of the reasons I never fully finished Star Ocean 3 before was more of a technical issue. The other half? That's where one of my worse habits kick in.

You see, I cannot seem to fully dedicate myself in finishing a certain RPG sometimes because of the fact that there are "irreversible" things that you might trigger, and missable things you might overlook. The Star Ocean remake for the PSP is one such example.

Of course, it gets to be addictive and fun as time passes by, but the fact that there are actions that you might do that you cannot go back and fix is just downright disheartening sometimes. If you plan to go through a game without a decent walkthrough on the important details that would impact the end of the game, go through 3/4's of a game, and find out that you screwed up, you basically wasted much of your time for fruitless results.

There are many games around that have that certain quality. Suikoden, with 2 being the greatest among the five games, is not only epic in nature, but if you are not sure with what you're doing, you might end up missing more than you expected. Or how about Silent Hill? If you're not sure with what you're doing, you might end up getting the worst ending.

That's why it's risky sometimes to just dive yourself in the woods without knowing or considering the consequences. If you're a busy body, then certainly you wouldn't want to waste all your efforts and end up with a banana instead of a banana split. Yeah, that's just one of my bad habits when it comes to games. But truth be told, I'm not the only one with that kind of feeling, that's for damn skippy.

Oh, here's a lesson I learned today: There's no such thing as a restraining order. See below.

No comments: